[ANSTHRLD] Court reports for groups with the "No Herald" option

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:53:10 PST 2008

> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:04:16 -0600 From: tmcd at panix.com> On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Kimberly Langhans <sarapenrose at yahoo.com> wrote:> > Flat is not a requirement, but it is a preference (except for the> > Egg, because it's cool).> > I thought The Egg was a "funny once". We really don't want to> encourage people to start doing court reports on tennis balls (even> period ones), golf clubs (even period ones), squeeze balls in the> shape of Pelicans (the surface decays and flakes off), or whatnot.
*Crumpled* napkins, especially with food stains, are Right Out.

Or at least so I would preseme.  (Preferable to no report at all, but . . .).

As a currently (very-)At-Large with no particular position or status, I'm all too aware that I've been very spotty in reporting.  Partially, this has been due to past frustrations in getting a complete record down -- noisy conditions, uncertain spellings, unfamiliar style of address, or whatever else.  I pledge to try and Do Better, once I manage to return to Ansteorra for more than a couple of days at a time, but wonder if a small change in the process could be encouraged:  there might be some real value in posting an "official" list in a prominent location after court but prior to the end of the relevant event.

This would be esp. useful at large events in noisy halls or where awards are being made outside of the common and better-attended areas of the site.  (Example 1:  battlefield award presentations have been known to be out of reasonable earshot of the galleries.  Example 2:  due to timing and the progress of activities, court goes on even in the absence of the bulk of the populace, perhaps due to unusual weather conditions.) Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... KiheMike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard) alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen  http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/