[ANSTHRLD] Fox & Cross ideas...

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Feb 11 14:31:29 PST 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Ron Knight <Rknight at kumc.edu> wrote:
> In case your client would like a picture of the concept....
>
> Or, in bend three foxes sejant gules each
> maintaining a cross sable.
> http://www.modaruniversity.org/images/Consult/Fox-C1.gif

You don't want to suggest a Paschal fox?

That's actually just a smart-alec remark.  I have this vague notion
that there might be some precedent against it, but I can't put my
finger on it.  So far as I know, the only thing Paschalized was the
lamb (it's a unique combo like "the Golden Fleece"), so I couldn't
call it period style.  Also, given the symbolism of lambs and foxen,
it feels vaguely blasphemous.

Daniel Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com