[ANSTHRLD] Question on Device w/ link

Darin Herndon darin.herndon at chk.com
Mon Feb 11 10:41:48 PST 2008

I would blazon what you showed on the link as:  Gules, in base a cross and on a canton Or three foxes sejant respectant gules.  For purposes of the blazon, I ignored that the foxes were different sizes since that would have to be adjusted.  I am unsure if the default posture of a fox is sejant respectant; if it is then you get to leave out those words in the blazon.

The problems have been identified in other posts.  The charged canton is the big killer since that is reserved to augmentations but I do not believe that the cross "in base" is necessarily a problem.  There are balance issues but...

Taceangl had some good suggestions on possible alternatives.

I would be interested in anyone's correction of the blazon I submitted.  Always happy to learn and get better.

Etienne