[ANSTHRLD] Name Change Question

Cerise Jennings calibrey at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 11:50:35 PST 2008

I know that "one element of a submitter’s mundane name may be used as a name element of their SCA name, provided proof of name (DL/birth cert) is included in the submission. "

  I have a submitter that has been using an SCA name that is not for her gender or country or time period...but she's horribly in love with it. We worked on other name options but she won't budge. Unrealate...She's wanting to get her last name changed for mundane reasons. While she's in there changing, she wants to change her middle name too, to make it that documentable name so she can use it with this "it's my mundane name" clause for her SCA name.  She asked if it had to be her mundane first name only or can it be her mundane middle name that she used for her SCA name. I had no idea. But I didn't want her legally changing her name, in hopes of it helping her SCA naming process and then get disappointed and stuck with a new middle name, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Ldy Clairiandra Delemere,
  Bonwicke Herald