[ANSTHRLD] Request conflict check

Ron eirik at hot.rr.com
Wed Feb 20 21:10:48 PST 2008

Alden, read the precedent she quoted again, specifically this section:

> The difference between three bendlets and three bendlets enhanced is
> thus similar to the difference between crosses bottony and crosses
> crosslet. We give no difference between these crosses because, as
> discussed in the LoAR of August 2002, "It is important to recall that
> the cross bottony and the cross crosslet are both used to represent
> the same charge throughout our period's heraldry. The bottony form is
> found predominantly in earlier artwork, and the crosslet form
> predominantly in later artwork." The evidence in DBA and Woodward
> suggests that three bendlets and three bendlets enhanced are both used
> to represent the same armory throughout our period's heraldry. Just as
> the cross crosslet became distinct from the cross bottony after our
> period, three bendlets enhanced became distinct from three bendlets
> after our period. [Tigernach Mag Samhradháin, 11/03, R-Æthelmearc]

Even though I agree the bendlets are drawn much thinner in the second
emblazon, this part of the precedent says that they are still considered the
same and there is no difference between the two. So the conflicts Teceangl
called are still valid conflicts and the client will have to find something
to clear the conflicts.

Eirik Halfdanarson