[ANSTHRLD] Fox & Cross ideas...

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:36:58 PST 2008

> You don't want to suggest a Paschal fox?
>

> That's actually just a smart-alec remark.  I have this vague notion
> that there might be some precedent against it, but I can't put my
> finger on it.  So far as I know, the only thing Paschalized was the
> lamb (it's a unique combo like "the Golden Fleece"), so I couldn't
> call it period style.  Also, given the symbolism of lambs and foxen,
> it feels vaguely blasphemous.

(February 1997, Tryphena von Stargard, p. 24) [returning a Paschal
goat] Just as a unicornate horse is banned because it blurs the
distinction between a unicorn and a horse, the use of a Pascal goat
blurs the distinction between a goat and a Paschal lamb, making this
run afoul of RfS VII.7.a. (Tryphena von Stargard, 2/97 p. 24)

Just the goat.  Nobody's tried anything else.

- Teceangl
...and the lion shall lay down with the...<burp>
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html