[ANSTHRLD] Request conflict check

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:39:35 PST 2008

This is why I like to have a color emblazon of both pieces of armory to eyeball when there is a really suspect conflict.  You can spot a lot of conflicts by looking at the picture that might not show up otherwise.  Then I know where to search in the precedents to find if a past ruling has been issued.

I have shown designs to non-heralds and they have spotted conflicts.
A color emblazon is also helpful when explaining a return to a submitter or when asking for permission to conflict.

Just like an awkward blazon can signal trouble, if it looks like a conflict it usually is.

Magnus