[ANSTHRLD] Danet De Lycoln (or Danihel Lindum)

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:07:03 PST 2008

 To Danet De Lycoln (or Danihel Lindum, same e-mail, bit different names.
I'm new to this list, would you mind explaining that to me.)

You said (as part of a much longer post) the following:

I would bet that the ENTIRE ceremony wasn't period, even when you
leave aside the issue of modern English versus whatever languages the
originals were in.

It's the best you can do.  You have to balance period practice, modern
sensibilities, and modern practicalities.

Okay, a few questions for you.
1. are you trying to chastise me?
2. am I treading on some topic that you consider Personal or Important or
... whatever?
3. do you see my posts as some sort of challenge?

I do not read this e-mail, or the one before it, frankly, as polite
disagreement or conversation. If I am wrong, please, clarify your intent and
I will gladly apologies for my defensiveness.
But so that you understand my position, these read to me as, as best, a
challenge to defend my statements, something I find inappropriately
aggressive given the topic.
Again, If I am wrong, and have horribly misunderstood your intent, please
say as much.

Ivo Blackhawk