[ANSTHRLD] Baronial investiture ceremonies

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 18:21:34 PST 2008

--- Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> They aren't considered that ex officio?  That's what I've always
> thought.  The heir to the UK's throne doesn't have to be a member
> when
> they succeed to the throne, but Wikipedia states, and "the monarch
> is
> the fount of honour" implies, that the new sovereign is ipso facto
> Sovereign of the Garter.

Oh man, please, let's not go over this topic again for like the third
time in the last twelve months.  I've got *way* too much stuff to do
before going to Queen's tomorrow night.  It's all in the list
archives, including my *lengthy* legal-historian post....

> > I was surprised that no one caught and mentioned the baronial
> > service order issue.  That is a requirement in this kingdom.
>
> Cite?  I don't see it in kingdom law.

It's in the BSO constitutions, at least the ones that exist and were
actually run by the Crown, which requirement IS in Corpora.

We're working on compiling the BSO constitutions into a single
document.  The BSO's, and everything about them, is my current
project as Star's attack dog, ummm, I mean "special projects deputy".
 :b

--Serena