[ANSTHRLD] Baronial investiture ceremonies

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jan 24 16:08:14 PST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Darin Herndon <darin.herndon at chk.com> wrote:
> 4) They need to be invested and declared as the principals of the
>    baronial service order.

They aren't considered that ex officio?  That's what I've always
thought.  The heir to the UK's throne doesn't have to be a member when
they succeed to the throne, but Wikipedia states, and "the monarch is
the fount of honour" implies, that the new sovereign is ipso facto
Sovereign of the Garter.

> I was surprised that no one caught and mentioned the baronial
> service order issue.  That is a requirement in this kingdom.

Cite?  I don't see it in kingdom law.

Daniel Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com