[ANSTHRLD] querry about AHSS

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Jan 30 11:55:58 PST 2008

> Looking ahead to AHSS, I just wanted to get an idea of what people
> would prefer to do for lunch.  Options include:
>
> 1) sideboard lunch included in site fee
> 2) sideboard lunch with separate fee
> 3) no planned lunch (nearby restaurants)
> 4) potluck lunch
> 5) other (specify)

Potluck never works out well unless it's entirely supplied by the local
folks. Because really, you want me to make something and then drive how far
to get to the event? :)

No planned lunch rarely works well because of logistical concerns -- the
classes immediately after lunch wind up suffering the most, from lack of
attendees/teachers.

1) or 2) are both equally valid, and leave free the option of going offsite
to grab lunch (or bringing your own) if the sideboard menu isn't to your
liking (or runs out), while assuring the most attendees will stay onsite.

(I tend towards prefering the sideboard included in the site fee, even if I
turn out to not eat it, because that's less money for me to deal with --
finding my wallet *once* is usually enough hassle, much less trying to find
it twice...)

-Emma