[ANSTHRLD] querry about AHSS

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Wed Jan 30 11:54:50 PST 2008

> Looking ahead to AHSS, I just wanted to get an idea of what people
> would prefer to do for lunch.  Options include:
>
> 1) sideboard lunch included in site fee
> 2) sideboard lunch with separate fee
> 3) no planned lunch (nearby restaurants)
> 4) potluck lunch
> 5) other (specify)
>
> Your input is appreciated.

I would say that my opinion varies by the site.  If there is nothing close
around, then sideboard lunch available would be great.  And I would go with
either method for the fees.

If we're next door to a mall or a couple of restaurants, then "nearby
restaurants" would probably be easier on the event staff.

I would vote against potluck since I end up working on my classes right
before the symposium.  So, getting me to cook won't happen.  (To folks who
know me: yes, I do actually cook, REALLY! - just very rarely, like once or
twice a year.)

And this depends on where AHSS will be.  Given constraints I have right now
(a geriatric pet on twice-daily medication & a mother who just had hip
replacement surgery), I'm limited on how far I can travel for awhile.

Mari