[ANSTHRLD] Proposed Badge

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sat Jul 5 10:11:34 PDT 2008

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Teceangl <tierna.britt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Fieldless, A sheaf of 5 arrows or, surmounted by a ribbon gules.
>
> Bracket the Fieldless

No, PARENTHESIZE the "Fieldless", as shewn in

> (Fieldless) A sheaf of five arrows Or surmounted by a ribbon gules.

How people use the term "bracket" varies by dialect and idiolect, but
at least I use unmodified "bracket" to mean [...], and no matter what
your definition, "parenthesize" is unambiguous.

As for something substantive: I've not been following the discussion,
but would "bound by a ribbon" work for the submitter's notions?
I think that should get around the problem of ribbon-as-a-charge.

Danet de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com