[ANSTHRLD] [Fwd: Heraldry announcement for Commentary

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 11:10:31 PDT 2008

I know they are separate issues and separate proposals, but the two
issues in this request for commentary ARE related by what Robin points
out as the single argument in favor of thsi requirement: A laurel
wreath marks a device as territorial arms. If members of the Order of
the Laurel are permitted to include a laurel wreath in their arms --
and there's no logical reason for denying them this given the fact that
the other peerages and nobility can use THEIR symbols of rank -- then
that utility is gone anyway. If you see a device you are unfamiliar
with that includes a laurel wreath, it might be territorial arms OR
those of a Laurel peer.

Kevin
Northkeep