[ANSTHRLD] [Fwd: Heraldry announcement for Commentary]

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jul 11 08:02:50 PDT 2008

At Lists at Castleton, I went off looking for my baron and baroness.

For one thing, most of the large pavillions around the field were from
SCA branches, so the laurel wreaths not only gave no help at all --
they were visual clutter.

For another, I wasn't looking for some random group, any group would
do -- I wanted a specific group.  I scanned for a halberd and stars,
not for a laurel wreath.  If I need to find Sara, I might scan for
black-and-white with a counterchanged castle and funky stars.  If I
have a message for Oakenwald Pursuivant, I'm looking for a dark and
muddy banner with a yellow staircase and a color-on-color tree.  And
if I'm looking for the armed men of Bryn Gwlad, there's no laurel on
their tabards at all.

Danel Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com