[ANSTHRLD] SCA Armory for Bestowed Peerages

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 01:31:16 PDT 2008

> Once registered, any item is grandfathered to the registrant and supercedes any rule changes, etc.  But, a peerage can be resigned or stripped by action of the BoD.  How would we administratively handle the removal of a peerage element (a laurel wreath or knight's chain for example) from registered arms if the registrant is no longer entitled.  Unless the registrant submits a device change (which they would have to pay for and likely would not), there is no process to involuntarily modify the registered armory.  For this reason alone, I think the registration of peerage elements as a component in arms (not achievements, which are tracked in this kingdom but not touched in most) should be disallowed completely.

I know of two knights and two royal peers who were stripped of their
titles. One of each had membership in the SCA utterly revoked. Their
armory remains registered and will not be touched.

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html