[ANSTHRLD] Tec gets silly
tierna.britt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 18:47:00 PDT 2008
Teceangl's Ten Tongue-in-Cheek Guidelines for Clients
1. Do not tell the herald at the consulting table that Herald X said
your proposal was fine. The herald at the consulting table might be
2. HBO is not documentation.
3. Believe it or not, your great-grandparents weren't alive in period,
and that's not what the Grandfather Clause means, anyway.
4. When your consulting herald turns bright red in five seconds flat,
he is not suffering from instant sunburn, he is holding his breath so
he doesn't laugh out loud at what you just showed him.
5. Your peerage regalia is not documentation.
6. Before you ask your branch marshal if your armory idea looks good,
ask him if he's color blind.
7. Thank you for the interesting persona story. Do you have any documentation?
8. 1979 was an excellent year for Napa wines, not so terrific for SCA heraldry.
9. Morgan Llewelyn isn't documentation, either.
10. If you shove your paperwork at a consulting herald who is going
into the biffy, that herald might misunderstand the intent with which
you just presented them a handful of paper...
More information about the Heralds