[ANSTHRLD] clear or not?

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 10:22:05 PDT 2008

I know, but it was quite often the comment that came in from the
various local commenting groups. And there were two.
(1) "You asked for it, you got it" was for horrid heraldry that they
couldn't come up with a rules-based reason to shoot down.
(2) "Sometimes you gotta break the rules" was for wonderful heraldry
they thought would make a test case to get a rule changed/loosened,
because it was technically illegal but maybe shouldn't be.
Both were, of course, subjective and reflected the tastes of the
commenter(s).
And like "slot machine" (also still in force), they didn't tell the
submittor what was wrong and could be taken as demeaning or even
intentionally inflammatory.
Laying out the specific rule for the submittor and explaining the
reason behind it and why their submission violates it is better.