[ANSTHRLD] Court reporting class at AHSS

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 12:01:16 PDT 2008

What, are you kidding me? I mean, how hard can it be, right? You just fill in the little blanks and mail the form to the address in the Black Star. Do we really need to have a class about this?

Well, I'm not entirely sure we do - it really is pretty straight-forward. However, as Zodiacus, I do know that court reports are rarely submitted error free, and I rarely receive more than one for any given event. As heralds, it is a requirement of our office that we submit court reports for every court we attend. More importantly, the accuracy and completeness of our Order of Precedence is dependant on accuracy and completeness of our court reports.

The intent of this class is to review what exactly needs to be on a court report (and what doesn't), examine what some of the most common mistakes on the forms are, and identify ways to avoid those errors. I hope this class will be especially benficial to new heralds and local heralds, but others may find it interesting as well.

I'll also discuss some of the following:
- How and why awards are recorded the way they are in the OP.
- Frequently asked questions about the OP.
- Why reports from the local heralds (as opposed to those from kingdom heralds) are especially important.
- What to do if you forget your court report forms

There may also be some show-and-tell: I'll bring my favorite examples of creative court reports, as well as the earliest court report form in the Zodiacus files. We'll see where the folks on that form are now! :)

Hope to see you all tomorrow at AHSS!

Warm regards,
Sara
Zodiacus