[ANSTHRLD] on becoming a heraldic officer

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 17:06:24 PDT 2008

Steve Rourke <steverourke at charter.net> wrote:    > Not that I'm personally in a position to make application at the moment,
> but I do have a question that may affect others as well: what if the
> individual has held heraldic office previously? How recent an
> incarnation of the Warranting Class?
  I had assumed two years like the Seneschal and Exchequer Handbooks, but the CoH Administrative Handbook is silent on the matter.  Suppose it would fall under III.C.1e:
          e. Qualification — The herald must have taken and successfully completed the local warranting class and the PE warranting exam to be qualified to hold the title of Pursuivant at Large, Pursuivant Extraordinary, or Herald at Large. Both class and test must be successfully completed before an applicant will be added to the roster. Exceptions based on prior experience may be made by the Star Principal Herald.
  That didn't cut and paste very well, did it?

  Tostig
    The current version of the Warranting Class is around 4 years old (I think,
at least it's pretty much the same as the one I took back then). There is a
new version in the works which I hope to have done within the month.

Domhnall
Tressure Herald