[ANSTHRLD] on becoming a heraldic officer

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 20 06:56:48 PDT 2008

Crandall wrote:
> I would like to see the College do more visible
> things, such as taking time for recognition of
> its own in court. Many people work very hard for
> the College, and often seem to be taken for
> granted. Simple thank you's are nice, but having
> everyone watching while the Principal Herald
> thanks you in court means a lot more, and may get
> more folk involved.

I definitely agree that it's good to recognize heralds for the work that
they do, and I try to do that when/where I can.  I prefer to do such
verbal acknowledgments at Round Table during the Greater Officers'
Reports, and occasionally in the Black Star.  As far as recognizing
heralds in court goes, I try to reserve that for the bestowal of awards
by the Crown.

A lot of the work heralds do isn't seen by the populace at large, so
it's up to us to put forth award recommendations.  Take a look around
the College of Heralds, see what people are doing, check the OP and if
you think they deserve award recognition, by all means submit a
recommendation.  It's also good to gather a collection of people in
support of the recommendation and either submit together, or
individually.  Getting Star on board with a recommendation is good too. :)

Alden