[ANSTHRLD] on becoming a heraldic officer

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 19:33:21 PDT 2008

A suggestion:

  Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    I definitely agree that it's good to recognize heralds for the work that they do, and I try to do that when/where I can. I prefer to do such verbal acknowledgments at Round Table during the Greater Officers' Reports, and occasionally in the Black Star. As far as recognizing heralds in court goes, I try to reserve that for the bestowal of awards by the Crown.

A lot of the work heralds do isn't seen by the populace at large, so it's up to us to put forth award recommendations. Take a look around the College of Heralds, see what people are doing, check the OP and if you think they deserve award recognition, by all means submit a recommendation...
  Don't forget, heraldry is an art, not just service.  A Sable Thistle or Iris recommendation can be very appropriate.  There is a lot of great field and list vocal work that's gone unheralded, for example.
    ... It's also good to gather a collection of people in support of the recommendation and either submit together, or individually. Getting Star on board with a recommendation is good too. :)

Alden