[ANSTHRLD] [SCAHRLDS] Position CDs

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sat Mar 22 23:57:28 PDT 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, Jeanne Marie Lacroix <heraldjm at charter.net> wrote:
> Khevron asked:
>> Could someone explain what the following Bear is doing?
>>
>> Azure, two bears passant erect addorsed regardant argent, each
>> maintaining a berdiche proper, in base a laurel wreath Or.
>> Baron of Bjornsborg Registered June of 1980 (via Ansteorra):

[notes that it's not shewn on the Bjornsborg Web page]

> I don't have a copy of the submission, but probably:
>
> Two bears back to back looking over their shoulders at each other,
> walking on their hind legs (both feet on the ground so not rampant,
> one foot in front of the other so not salient) towards the edges of
> the shield.

That's certainly my recollection, but I've not made an effort to
memorize it, alas.  (Visual memorization is SO not my forte.)

<http://www.freewebs.com/bearpit/index.htm> appears to have part of
such a depiction in the lower picture (to the left of "Welcome to The
Bear Pit ...")

I don't recall right now whether they display the charges as arranged
two-and-one, or two primary bears + a laurel wreath in base.  The
small depiction at, of all places, <http://www.elfsea.org/links.htm>,
shows them in-between but closer to two-and-one.

CCing the Ansteorran Heralds' list.

Daniel Lincolinum, at the office and needing to get back to working
... at 1:55 AM Sunday local time ... Bugzilla is reFUSING to behave
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com