[ANSTHRLD] conflict check and recheck

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:59:08 PDT 2008

A;; rioght, class, everyone get out your RfS and turn to page <mumble>
with me and read along.
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/rfs.html
(Silly commentary, dead serious on pulling up the RfS and reading the
rule I'm about to invoke. Conflict checking without the RfS is like
driving without a car, you'll get nowhere.)

>  > One CD for the field, and another CD for the swap between the wolf facing
>  > dexter (default) and sinister, so this one is also clear without adding
>  > the
>  > bordure.
>  >

>  So, if my submitters wolf is facing sinsiter (which is how it is drawn)
>  rather than dexter is that not a second CD to clear this conflict:
>
>  Caid, Kingdom of, registered July 2007:
>  Azure, a greyhound rampant regardant collared within a bordure
>  embattled argent.

If your client's canine is facing to dexter, then there's a CD under
X.4.h. for changing the orientation of the beast.  If your client's
canine is statant to dexter, it's only one CD for changing posture +
orientation, so be careful with this section of the Rules - it can
trip you up.
(It's been a long 24 hours and I can't for the life of me remember
what the proposed blazon is.)

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html