[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 20:32:11 PST 2008

The gauntlet extends to the edge of the sun, so I would blazon it as "(Fieldless) On a sun Or a gauntlet clenched throughout sable."

  A precedent herald needs to comment further on the following:

  Consider versus "Azure, upon a sun Or an eagle displayed sable." (Stefan of Seawood 01/73 D) and "Sable, a sun Or eclipsed sable." (Kourost Bernard of the East Woods 12/00 D).  There should be a 2nd CD for substantial change to the type of tertiary under RfS X2j(ii).  "...A charge is suitable for the purposes of this rule if (a) it is simple enough in outline to be voided, and (b) it is correctly drawn with an interior substantial enough to display easily recognizable charges."

  Consider also versus "Vert, on a sun Or a dexter hand appaumy couped at the wrist vert." (Patrick of Innisfree 06/76 D).  I don't know if there's a change of type between a hand and a gauntlet under RfS X2j(i), but I'm pretty sure it's not a substantial change of type necessary to clear it under RfS2j(ii).

  Tostig

MissingLink <MissingLink at phulesgold.com> wrote:
  Can I get a conflict check on the following badge: (Fieldless) on a sun Or, a gauntlet clenched sable. A pic of it is at
http://housemal.mackermakkeep.com/temp/mal1.gif

I did some preliminary checks and I didn't see anything, but I'd like a few more eyes on it before it gets submitted.

Thanks.

Coenred