[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal (and MORE) Symposium, June 28th - more classes

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 17:30:09 PDT 2008

Greetings Ansteorrans,
Teacher class Registration for Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium (and MORE!) is still open - don't miss out on getting your class listed.

Questions asked:
? Can I teach the same class as what I'm teaching at King's College?
Absolutely, you will likely be teaching to a different audience, or it will give someone a chance to take the class who couldn't get to King's College.

? Is there room for messy classes?  You bet, we have a large enclosed grassy courtyard, surrounded by a covered porch, check with us for details.

? Can you accept other classes beside Heralds and Scribes?
Yes! In fact, we are seeking related classes to Heralds and Scribes in a variety of art mediums that can be used for Ansteorran Insignia:
-inkle weaving (Iris and Star ribbons),
-kumihimo braiding (belt awards),
-wood/metal/resin/ceramic-painting/needlework - for insignia medalions.

Alternate classes for scribal arts:
-paper marbeling,
-bookbinding,
-papermaking,
-ink making,
-quill cutting,
-vellum preparation,
-survey of modern papers -
-even a class on picture framing for the novice so we know how to frame those award scrolls.

Alternate classes for heraldic arts include:
-heraldic costume applique,
-Ansteorran tabard making,
-Banner Making
-how to be a herald for a pas-d'arms,
-glass engraving and ceramic painting for a heraldic dinner setting,
-stain glass painting for heraldic arms
-how to paint a tent with your heraldic arms (materials to use, how to enlarge the design).

If you have a class and want to know how it fits in, ask us.  This event is not just for 'H'eralds and 'S'cribes, but for all of Ansteorra.

Regional education class space is also available (senechals, exchequers, chirurgeons, etc).

Check out the website at:
http://westgate.ansteorra.org/ahss

See you then, Hillary