[ANSTHRLD] Device

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 19:33:01 PDT 2008

Ulrich,

  Unfortunately, changing from "Azure, a wolf rampant, a chief embattled Or" to "Azure, a wolf rampant within a bordure embattled Or" does not resolve the cited conflict.

  Here's the argument from the ICC (Teceangl's correcttion of the RfS quote I used is correct):

  Tostig
  [Device] Concur with the (ultimate) reblazon "Azure, a wolf rampant, a chief embattled Or."
  Consider versus "Azure, a wolf salient and a base engrailed Or." (Rognvaldr Byrgisheraðingr, Nov 99, Device). I see 1 CD for changing from "a chief embattled" to "a base engrailed"
  per RfS X4b ("... Changing from a pale wavy to a fess embattled is also one change of type, not a change of type plus a change of edge partition.), but not for a change of posture between "rampant" and "salient".
  Teceangl
  [Device] The conflict call against Rognvaldr Byrgisheraðingr is solid, there is only the one CD by X.4.e.

Russell S <russellschraeder at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Greetings all,

My device registration is #9 on the Feb ICC and since it was kicked back I was wondering if there would be a conflict if I resubmitted it as (Azure, a wolf rampant within a bordure embattled Or), If that is even the correct wording.

I recently became the Herald of Fynnon Gath and am trying to learn as much and as fast as I can.

Thank you all in advance,
Ulrich