[ANSTHRLD] Device

Russell S russellschraeder at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 13:18:59 PDT 2008

Thank you very much for your advice and counsel.....So how would I blazon it with bordure semy of roundels?

Teceangl <tierna.britt at gmail.com> wrote:
What Tostig said. I'm flattered that my analysis was of use.

That's a correct blazon, by the way, Ulrich.

You need another CD since you have one already. You might consider
powdering the field (you know, like powdered sugar on toast) with
charges such as crosses crosslet or mullets or billets, all three of
which were commonly used in period for that purpose. That would create
a second CD under RfS X.4.b. for adding a charge group to the field.
Another good and period change that would add a CD is making the
bordure semy of roundels (the most popular charge on bordures in
period, period) or crosses, mullets, or any other simple charge that
you like, preferably azure to reflect the field tincture. Adding a
group of charges on a bordure (or any other charge on the field) is a
CD by RfS X.4.i. It's also exceedingly period so your wonderful style
wouldn't be ruined.

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html