[ANSTHRLD] Device

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Thu May 15 21:04:38 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Russell S <russellschraeder at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your advice and counsel.....So how would I blazon it with bordure semy of roundels?

Like that. :)

Azure, a wolf rampant argent within a bordure embattled semy of roundels azure.

You can also blazon the bordure as 'a bordure Or hurty', as Tostig
said. Either is correct and it's kind to heralds who don't have their
special names memorized to use plainer language.
Yes, making the chief semy of roundels also clears the conflict, but
chiefs were rarely semy of anything but fleurs-de-lys in period, and
that was a display of affiliation with a French noble house, while
bordures with strewn charges were quite common.

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html