[ANSTHRLD] Device

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri May 16 00:15:14 PDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Mike C. Baker <kihebard at hotmail.com> wrote:
> tmcd at panix.com
> > I noticed in _Anglo-Norman Armory II_ that, if there were two
> > colors in the same arms, as often as not one of them was
> > gules.  For something that technically doesn't have
> > sufficient contrast against a color, it sure does show up well.
>
> Daniel, is it time to trot out a test case again / prepare a
> suggested modification to the RfS?  Regional style addition, at
> least, if we're dealing with as many instances as you seem to be
> indicating...

I'm not talking about gules ON a color, though I could probably find
examples.  I'm talking about gules and another color used in the same
design in the normal way, as in
    Sable, on a fess argent three roundels gules.
or
    Gules, a lion Or, on a chief argent three fleurs-de-lys azure.

Denyel de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com