[ANSTHRLD] In Saltire?

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 12:19:08 PDT 2008

> I know if 2 like objects intersect at their centerpoints they
> are referred to being "in saltire."  But if that intersection
> is at a point above or below their centerpoints, is there a
> special term for that?  Thanks!
>
> Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen

There are a number of traditional methods of specifying such a "place of
issuance".  SCA Heraldry generally does not use the named points such as
center, nombril, etc. (except by default), so the common method has been
to mention non-default placement as "in chief", "in base", "enhanced",
or "debased".

However, note that I believe there is a relatively recent precedent that
disallows "debased" due to Victorian-era derived connotations. (Sorry,
don't have time at the moment for a precedent dive -- Warlord's coming,
and I have preparations that must still be made... And a bit of mourning
to be done, for Mistress Janet of House Morningstar)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
SCA: (al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen
http://wizardsdenblogedition.blogspot.com/