[ANSTHRLD] Fynnon Gath in O&A

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:50:44 PDT 2008

> > We register the name not the group status.  It can be updated by
> > Bordure in a LoI if it bothers folks in the group.

This subject was addressed on a recent-ish cover letter.  Now I'm
sober, I'll find the info.  Aha, here it is. This is the alpha
compilation version, which means mostly unedited:

Morsulus notes that branch designators (Kingdom, Shire, etc.) appear
in the master database for the Ordinary and Armorial. They are
currently updated when an item appears on an LoAR as an acceptance
with a new designator. The designator that appears in the database may
not match the actual status of the branch, but the listing in the
database is not connected to the formal status of the branch, nor
should it be. It is a label that was correct at the time the
submission was registered.

This month sees two explicit requests for a change in the designator.
One is superfluous, as the branch is registering two badges, which
will trigger the update automatically. The other simply asks for the
change to be made, with no other items being submitted.

If it bothers a branch to see themselves still listed in the O&A as
with the wrong designator, such as "shire of" when they are now
"barony of", and they care enough to put in a request for the change
in an LoI, it will be accepted on an LoAR and updated in the database.
However, branches are not expected to do this nor are they in any way
remiss if they elect not to change the designator in the O&A. [CL,
07/05]

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html