[ANSTHRLD] Device

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 22:36:37 PDT 2008

> > Azure, a wolf rampant argent within a bordure embattled
> Tincture missing here ...
> > semy of roundels azure.
> ... as stated, the bordure is as azure as the field and the
> roundels, making them all invisible.

So, better re-blazoned as

Azure, a wolf rampant argent within a bordure embattled or semy [of]
roundels azure.

> I noticed in _Anglo-Norman Armory II_ that, if there were two
> colors in the same arms, as often as not one of them was
> gules.  For something that technically doesn't have
> sufficient contrast against a color, it sure does show up well.

Daniel, is it time to trot out a test case again / prepare a suggested
modification to the RfS?  Regional style addition, at least, if we're
dealing with as many instances as you seem to be indicating...

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
SCA: (al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen
http://wizardsdenblogedition.blogspot.com/