[ANSTHRLD] St Gabriel dead again

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Wed May 21 08:31:24 PDT 2008

> Does anyone know when the St Gabriel site will be back on line?
> It ist verdamnt annoying that it crashes so often when needed for
> commentary.

It hasn't crashed in ages.  Like since Sept. 2006 (as far as I'm aware).  I
sure wouldn't call that "often".

I posted to the Gabriel list a couple of days ago when I had a problem
connecting to the website and one of the admins responded that the site was
up (but that some folks may see some DNS resolution problems depending on
your service provider) and other folks responded that they could get to it.

sure enough, I can connect from work where I could not connect from home.

I don't know what the issue was that the admin was referring to, but I've
seen it before when service providers don't keep their DNS tables updated
ultra-frequently.  So, say a service provider only updates their DNS table
once a week - you could potentially have a lag of a week not being able to
connect to stuff.

Mari