[ANSTHRLD] per bend Fleury counter Fleury

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 30 04:17:38 PDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Teceangl <tierna.britt at gmail.com>
To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 1:15:15 AM
Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] per bend Fleury counter Fleury

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hedwig/Melissa wrote:
>>
>> So, I've spent the better part of the morning looking for info on if this
>> (per bend Fleury counter Fleury ) is a registerable design.  Help would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Hedwig
>>

> Here's an example:
> http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=175&loi=134  Number 20
>
> The device was registered by Laurel:
> http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2007/05/07-05lar.html in May 2007.
>
> David of Carillion. Holding name and device (see RETURNS for name). Per pale
> fleury-counter-fleury vert crusilly couped and argent, in sinister a bear
> rampant sable.
> Submitted under the name David Erbe von Bärau.
>
> Alden

Which (begging Star's pardon) only proves that it was registered, not
that it is registerable. :)  These can indeed be mutually exclusive.
Laurel makes mistakes or sometimes doesn't remember to include
explanations as to why _this_ submission is allowed while others might
not be.  To prove that it's a registerable motif, you need a ruling
indicating that it is.

*snip*
Exactly - I posted it as an example and noted that it was registered, but didn't say anything about it being registerable for just that reason.
Alden