[ANSTHRLD] per bend Fleury counter Fleury

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sat May 31 00:56:49 PDT 2008

> The precedents are very similar to Reader's Digest or legal abstracts.  You often have to look at the full ruling referenced in the LoAR for that month and year.

Magnus, that is a brilliant analogy.  Compiled Laurel precedents are
like reader's Digest condensed books - the jist is there but you must
go to the original for the full information.
May I use that in class?

> I usually quote from the LoAR rather than the precedent in commentary.

That's the right way to do it.  And can sometimes clear up
misconceptions others might have formed about what the precedent
actually said.

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html