[ANSTHRLD] Bragging on Skorragarðr

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 21:50:51 PST 2008

Okay, I just got back from a day run run to Axman.

Three things of good news that I wanted to comment on..

1. They made their break even! Vivat for making money!

2. They sold all their feasts. Vivat for making money and feeding people at
the same time!

3. Site and court heraldry was done largely, and skillfully by Skorragardr's
own people.

Lady Sarait managed the event and cried court for their excelencies Namron.
Her husband, Lord Seamundr ("Simon")  stelled up to the plate and cried site
during the afternoon with sucess in his task.
And in the morning, m'lady Thora (a small) cried a cull circut of the site
herasel, and again was sucessfull without qualification.

Did other help, of course! HL Adalya managed list mistrissing for light and
heavy tournyments (turned out they used formats that didn't need heralds)
and I did two site cries to help out.

But the important thing here, IMHO is that this canton wasn't desperately
telling anyone "please, we need your help".

I will point out that some of the largest baronies in the north have made
such petitions in the not so distant past.

As a Herald, I think their should be a measure of pride taken when a group
can say that they can fufil from their own ranks the vast majority of the
heralding requirements of their own event.I take nothing from the others who
worked today, and their were a great deal who worked hard. I trust that the
good Lady Sarait (event steward)  will name them all and make sure the world
knows of their efforts.

 But as a herald, I just think its awsome when a group can step up like
Skorragardr did today.

Vivat Skorragard!

Ivo Blackhawk