[ANSTHRLD] Name documentation

David Walker coenred_the_raven at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 04:29:48 PST 2008

Greetings,

I have a gentle here in Iraq who is working on a possible name submission for when we return.  He wants to use Gabriel Maxell.  There is a Gabriel of Maccuswell registered.  I can not find any period evidance for the name Maxell, but I am limited.  Basically I have two questions:

1.  Is Maxell documentable to our period?  If so, where and when?  We are fairly certain it is either Scot or English and he is interested in a 15-16c Scot persona.

2.  Is there enough of a difference to be able to get the name registered?  Could it be done with a permission to conflict?

In Service,
Coenred