[ANSTHRLD] Name documentation

Sara L Uckelman liana at ellipsis.cx
Thu Nov 27 06:06:49 PST 2008

Quoth "Alasdair MacEogan":
> Also there is no such thing as a permission to conflict with names.  They a=

Actually, there is.  You just need a letter from the owner of the
registered name which says something like:

  I, [Name], known in the SCA as [Society name] give [Name of submitter],
  known in the SCA as [Society name of submitter] permission for [his/her]
  name to be similar to, but not identical to, my registered name "[Registered
  name]".  I understand that this permission cannot be withdrawn once
  [submitted name] is registered.

  [Date] [Signature of [Name]]

And make sure that the signature is a real signature -- i.e., done in
ink, and then either the original, or a scan or photocopy thereof.
Email permission to conflict is not sufficient.

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/