[ANSTHRLD] Pursuivants/Heralds at Large

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 06:18:52 PDT 2008

Although I grew up with the PE/HE system, I'm surprised to find myself against it in light of the current Society bureaucratic structure.  To be listed in the Administrative Arm of the CoH implies official status, which in turn requires proof of current membership to act in an official capacity.

Instead, I think a modification of it could be placed under the Education Arm -- noting that Crandal and Amra (and myself) mention that that area is where their activities currently lie and Robin stating it was the original intent of the exam(s).

What about something like the following?

VII. Education Arm of the College
C. Pursuivants and Heralds at Large
1. Duties -- The Pursuivant and Herald at Large is responsible for the following duties:
a. Ceremonial Duties -- Shall generally be a resource for the conduct of ceremonies as decreed by kingdom law and custom.  These activities amy include acting as the herald for Royalty or Nobility at court or calling the pairing at a tournament.
b. Educational Duties -- Shall aid heraldic education in the area.  The activities should include a range of general heraldic education.
c. Qualification -- Pursuivants at Large are any gentles who wish to participate in the activities of the college.  Heralds at Large are gentles designated by the Star Principal Herald for the duration of their tenure.
2. Reporting Requirements -- The Pursuivant and Herald at Large are responsible for the following reports:
a. Financial Reports -- No Applicable.
b. Activity Reports -- A report to the branch officer in the area responsible for monthly reporting of heraldic activity.  Quarterly reports to the Eclipse Herald may be required from Heralds at Large by the Star Principal Herald.
c. Court Reports — Each member of the College of Heralds will submit a report of awards and honors for every court attended.

Tostig