[ANSTHRLD] SCA vs Mundane heraldry

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Oct 16 20:18:57 PDT 2008

Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
>  The April 2005 ruling:
>
>       West, Kingdom of. Heraldic title Point Dexter Pursuivant.
>
>           No documentation was submitted for this title beyond the
>           assertion that "A dexter point is a heraldic charge." This
>           lack of documentation is, in itself, sufficient reason for
>           return. Furthermore, the dexter point, which John Guillim, A
>           DISPLAY OF HERALDRIE, calls a point dexter, is not a
>           registerable charge:

And if any are actually interested I could be persuaded to share a scan of a poor black and white copy of Guillam I happen to have. :-)  Or if you are interested there appears to be a work in progress here ( http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.j.grant/guillim/ ).  It unfortunately appears to be stalled witht he last update showing July 9 2007 but the section on abatements (Section 1 Chapter VIII) has already been done.

Alasdair