[ANSTHRLD] Pursuivants/Heralds at Large

Star - Ansteorra star at ansteorra.org
Fri Oct 31 07:32:18 PDT 2008

I'm updating the CoH Admin Handbook, and while I've got the document open, I
wanted to ask the College what y'all think about Section III.C - Pursuivant
at Large, Pursuivant Extraordinary, & Herald at Large?

I understand the procedure for identifying these officers has changed over
the years, but my last recollection was that there was a five section test
to determine your "grade", and each person passing 1, 3, or 5 parts would be
listed as a source deputy to the appropriate regional herald for assistance
in the area of heraldry for which they passed the test.  When I was a
regional, I kept a list of those individuals, but it wasn't utilized much,
and over time seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Is there any real merit to keeping this system in place?  Can we make it
more useful?  Should we remove it?

I'd like to open the discussion on this list.

Alden, Star