[ANSTHRLD] KWHSS 2009

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Oct 8 11:47:19 PDT 2008

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, JOHN KELLER <wolfgangvonsachsenhausen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> AMTRAK!  Take the Heartland Flyer/Texas Eagle to Chicago and the Cal
> Zephyr straight into Omaha.

I took the Texas Eagle from Austin when KWHSS was in Saint Louis a few
years ago.  It took a full day (9 AMish - 9 AMish) for the trip.
I didn't sleep well on the train, so I was feeling half dead on
Friday.  Flying back took about 2 hours.  The one-way airfare was a
little cheaper than the one-way train.  I like trains, but not for
long-distance travel.

Amtrak's trip finder suggests Texas Eagle - bus - California Zephyr
there, and California Zephyr - Southwest Chief - bus (KCMO to OKC) -
Heartland Flyer - Texas Eagle back.  Slightly over a day and a half
each way.

Danihel de Lindonio
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com