[ANSTHRLD] Conflict question

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Oct 10 20:21:40 PDT 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On the assumption you liked the look of a thinner line, I would
> suggest you try changing to either two or three such "bendlets". You
> would not need to change the width at all if there are three, and
> probably only a little wider if there were two.
>
> Further, I would suggest you have them between either two triquetras
> or two decrescents rather than between a triquetra and a
> decrescent. This is a more historical style.

The Pictorial Dictionary, by Bruce Draconarius of Mistholme, doesn't
note any period arms that use a triquetra or a decrescent.  He says
that the triquetra was used in ecclesiastical art, but not everything
in art is seen in heraldry.  (E.g., I know the Greek key pattern was
once cited as that, but I don't know the current state of knowledge.)

So using just one or the other would be "more historical", but I
wouldn't call it "historical".  BUT it would be registerable, barring
other conflicts, so if she wants it, nobody will stand in her way
(barring conflict).

If the client would like to investigate multiple bendlets, then we can
look into period styles, like how often charges were interposed
between stripes and such.

Danielis Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com