[ANSTHRLD] marshaling question.

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Wed Oct 15 21:29:43 PDT 2008

My understanding is that the arms of the HEIRS are marshaled to include
the arms of both parents, not that spouses would marshal their arms once
married.  Keep in mind that your arms are you.  As you are a product of
both parents, you show that by marshaling their arms (assuming you
inherit from both of them).  Quartered arms would tend to indicate
inheritance from four grandparents to one grandchild.

Again, this is my understanding, and I'm sure I'm missing some of the
finer points, so someone else want to pitch in?

Donnchadh