[ANSTHRLD] SCA vs Mundane heraldry

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Oct 16 14:18:07 PDT 2008

Pretty much what I thought you were talking about (and I what Daniel described).  Now i just need to remember where I saw the discussion about points recently.  I can't recall off the top of my head if it was on this list, the SCA list or in commentary somewhere.

If i recall what I read correctly there was a discussion about whether or not the point dexter or sinister were registerable.  There was mention that the point dexter is mentioned as an abatement in several heraldic books, but no one had any evidence of them actually being used in period.

For what it is worth, I would blazon the image Purpure, a dexter point raguly argent.

Alasdair