[ANSTHRLD] Fox versus cat

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 16:48:03 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Pat Mullins <paedrics at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm a little vague about counting differences in conflict checking.
> Is this proposed blazon going to conflict?
>
> Proposed:
> Vert, a fox couchant guardant and on a chief triangular argent a paw print vert.
>
> Registered:
> Vert, a cat passant and a chief triangular argent.
>
> I think it should be clear (different animal, different pose, additional charge) but I'm not quite sure...

I'd call this clear by X.2. as there has been no evidence that canines
and felines were ever considered variants of one another in period
armory nor used interchangeably, and the SCA has consistently given
substantial difference between canine and felines.

Now, as for the CD count, go re-read X.4.h. and X.4.i. again and
figure out whether there's difference or not. :)

- Teceangl
--
Head returns off at the pass -
http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/boing.html