[ANSTHRLD] branch pursuivant title instruction, please

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:50:40 PDT 2008

Searching the precedents back to Daud 1 I found:
[March 1993 LoAR, Middle-R] "Middle, Kingdom of the. Title for Taurine Pursuivant.
      The title had been submitted as Taurean, which has not been documented as having been used in period: the OED's first citation of the word is 1656. We've substituted Taurine, which has a similiar sound, identical meaning, and is documented within our "grey area" (1613).
      While most heraldic titles in period are nouns (Garter, Lyon), there are a few examples taken from war-cries (Montjoie) and adjectives (Volant). The current submission is not a problem."

The rest of the heraldic items registered were charges.
It will take quite a bit longer to search the LoARs that aren't in the precedents.

Magnus