[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic design question

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:52:48 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Pat Mullins <paedrics at yahoo.com> wrote:
> One more try.
> To me, this precedent you cited reads like enarched lines would be the "very rare exception."
> Paedric
> [A chief triangular embattled] With very rare exceptions (e.g. in
> combination with enarched lines), the use of two or more complex lines
> on the same charge is confusing,

Hmph.  Maybe.  But I think you'd need to document chiefs triangular
enarched to get one passed anyway. Enarching was used to indicate
shield curvature and....  Well, how would one do that to a chief
triangular? Evidence of chiefs triangular depicted enarched seems the
next logical step down that path.

I'll retract every objection when faced with period evidence. :)  I
will, however, reserve the right to complain that period heralds and
armigers sometimes had lousy taste.

- Teceangl
--
Head returns off at the pass -