[ANSTHRLD] consultation table

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Sep 26 09:18:49 PDT 2008

A consultation table is just a way to make it easier for the submitters to get together with heralds that can help them with their names and/or device submissions.  This function can be done by really any herald that wants to and generally is done by the local herald if a group has one.  But not all groups have heralds or the local may feel uncomfortable with their knowledge to be able to help the submitter so these are additional venues for the populace to go to for help.

Occasionally there will be a full service consultation table that will nto only help the submitter to figure out names/devices but will assis in putting the paperwork together and take the paperwork and money for the submission right there.  They would then forward the money and forms to Asterisk for submission processing as usual.  Just like the local herald would.

In my opinion they have become more important in the years since it no longer became a requirement for ALL groups to have a local herald.  At that point it became a little more difficult for some of the smaller groups that might not have someone there locally to help them.

Does that answer your question or just confuse the issue even more?

Alasdair